Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Dire Draft Dilemma

After months of learning teaching styles and classroom management I realized that for more than a year I had yet to write a paper analyzing literature other than youth literature. For the past days I found myself lost and staring at blank sheet of paper. After changing my poem I finally decided on "To A Mouse" by Robert Burns and I took my analysis back to my the very basic units that I learned, and taught in my student teaching. First I read and reread my poem several time aloud to hear the Scots dialect finally turn to English since I refused to look at the English translation of the poem. Then I read the poem line by line analyzing each line and the hidden meaning within each word. Finally I came up with a thesis, "In the poem "To A Mouse" By Robert Burns, through imagery Burns illustrates the tyranny in man's dominion over nature."

No comments:

Post a Comment