Sunday, May 12, 2013

Not in Order In Class Poetry Workshop

In class we were given the time to work on poetry. I decided to work on one structured poem and one free verse poem. The first poem I wrote was a haiku, it was based on the relationship between two people I know. I felt personally that the girl was using this boy for money. This girl represented the cold in the atmosphere and was the boot crushing the head to have monetary gain at all cost. The second poem I wrote was about how when life get hard people either turn to religion or substance abuse. In my life I have seen people face hardships and many times I see them reach a point where they begin to increase their faith in their God and become very religious. On the other side I have seen people in my age group face hardships and turn to alcohol or marijuana to take them into an altered state of existence essentially running from their problems.

No comments:

Post a Comment